While the Vail, Colorado area is often thought of as a winter destination, it’s summertime that keeps us here all year round. The entire valley, from Vail to Gypsum, is packed with fun events and holiday celebrations during the summer.
We rounded up a bunch of our favorite events, including Fourth of July events, to help you plan your Colorado summer.
Summer 2020 — Cancelled Events
The unprecedented circumstances of 2020 have necessitated the cancellation of some annual events. Other events have been postponed until later in the summer or fall. For specifics and updates, be sure to check out the official event websites. The following events are confirmed to be cancelled:
- Bravo! Vail —Bravo! Vail brings renowned orchestras to Vail during the summer season. Other concerts, such as the chamber music series, Classically Uncorked, and Bravo! Vail After Dark take place as well.
- Eagle County Fair & Rodeo — The annual event includes a professional rodeo, concerts, livestock and exhibits. Rodeo events, which take place at the Eagle County Fairgrounds, include bull riding, barrel racing, bareback riding, team roping, and more.
- Vail Dance Festival — The two-week Vail Dance Festival, established in 1989, features some of the world’s foremost performers and ballets. Performances take place at the Vilar Performing Arts Center, Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, and the Avon Performance Pavilion.
- Vail Arts Festival — Get to know over 60 artists from 22 different states right in Lionshead Village. The Vail Arts Festival is family-friendly and features all genres, from painting and printmaking to sculpture and jewelry.
- GoPro Mountain Games — The GoPro Mountain Games take place in Vail and include adventure sports competitions, concerts, and art displays. The games are perfect for athletes, artists, families and spectators alike. The 2021 GoPro Mountain Games have already been scheduled for June 10-13.
Beaver Creek Rodeo
June 25 – August 13, 2020
The rodeo takes place every Thursday at 6 p.m. in Avon. There are audience participation events, and a shuttle runs between the rodeo grounds and Beaver Creek Village.
Hot Summer Nights
Hot Summer Nights is a free concert series taking place every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
Eagle Flight Days
June 26-28, 2020
Eagle Flight Days is a fun annual celebration at the Eagle Town Park. The event includes a parade, horseshow tournament, concerts, carnival, push cart race, and more. Flight Days is a great way to get to know the Eagle community!
Independence Day Events
July 4, 2020
Vail America Days — Start the day with a parade from Golden Peak to Lionshead, then watch the annual Vail Fireworks Show at Golden Peak around 9:30 p.m.
Beaver Creek Independence Day Celebration — The Beaver Creek holiday celebration includes kids’ activities (bounce houses, slides, crafts, face painting, games), food vendors, and live music at Centennial Park. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
Town of Eagle Fireworks — The free, professional fireworks display takes place at the Eagle County Fairgrounds around 9:45 p.m.
Gypsum 4th of July Celebration — Enjoy live music starting at 7 p.m. at the outdoor Lundgren Theater in Gypsum, with a fireworks show following at dusk.
Beaver Creek Wine & Spirits Festival
August 7-10, 2020
The Wine & Spirits Festival is more than just tastings (though there are plenty of those). Partake in farm-to-table dinners, workshops, hikes and yoga — all with a view.
Vail Craft Beer Classic
August 14-15, 2020
Think beer dinners and downhill mountain biking with brewers at the Vail Craft Beer Classic. Colorado is known for its craft breweries, and many of them are sponsors of this unique event.
Beaver Creek Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k
August 16, 2020
The Beaver Creek trail running races are part of the Endurance Race Series. The races are almost entirely on singletrack trails and dirt roads and start/finish in the Beaver Creek Promenade Area next to the gondola.
Colorado Classic – Vail Valley Stages
August 28, 2020
The Colorado Classic is part of the USA Cycling Pro Road Tour and is a great spectator event. 100 of the world’s top female cyclists will compete in the challenging race. Stage 2 will take place in Avon on August 28.
Eagle Outside Festival
August 28-30, 2020
The mountain town of Eagle will be hosting an action-packed event. The festival will include mountain bike races, skills clinics, paddleboarding and kayaking, fly-fishing, live music, kids’ activities, food and beverages, and more.